Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fun Weekend

Our weekend started with us going to the A's game and watching them win then seeing fireworks! We went with my brother and his family. It was so nice to be able to watch the game and spend time with my niece.

On Saturday we watched the Cal Bears on TV. (They won!) Then went to a Life Scan office to get our fingerprints done for the adoption process we are going through. It is so cool to be able to do something for the adoption process everyday. It seems like as we work on it even if it is just a little bit, I feel like we are getting closer to being parents!
After we got back from getting fingerprinted, we got ready to go to our first San Jose Sharks game. We watch them occasionally on TV but never been to a game. Joel won tickets from his work so we got in the car and drove down to see them! It is such a great place with a great atmosphere. All of the fans were into the game and loud! It was a preseason game so I didn't think that there was going to be many fans there, but I was wrong, those fans love their team! We saw the Sharks go up 3-0 then they went behind 4-3 then the Sharks tied it and won in overtime! It was so fun to go! We have decided that we will try to go to more of those games...if Joel can win more from work!
On Sunday my niece Lia had a birthday party. She is turning 4 on Tues. She was so patient most of the night while we were getting ready for dinner, then after we ate, she ran over to the presents and wanted to open them. I remember when I was that excited to open my gifts on on my birthday when I was a kid! It was fun seeing my sister and her family, I don't see them as often as I used to since they moved. It was such a fun filled weekend. I loved it!

3 comments:

Our Biggs Family said...

What a wonderful weekend. I love that you and Joel find so much joy and importance in spending time together and with your families. You are an amazing aunt!

Melissa Savage said...

I second that on Katie being an amazing aunt! Our kids love her and Hendo!

Melissa Savage said...

Hey, I need to code for your adoption button!!