After a lot of prayerful thoughts and discussions, we have decided that we are going to adopt our first child. We have been trying for almost four years and going through infertiliy treatments with no luck and have come to the conclusion that our first child is supposed to come to us by way of adoption.
I have felt this way since 2007. I was at church when the thought came to me that we were supposed to adopt. I went home and prayed about it and felt really strongly that this was what we should do. But Joel had just had surgery and wanted to try all of our options first.
After the in-vitro failed I couldn't get LDS Family Services out of my mind. I kept going to their website and checking it out. When I approached Joel with it again we both felt that it was time and we should try to adopt. So we called LDS Family Services and went to an orientation last Thursday. After that meeting we called to have an inital interview, and we are going to have one on Monday.
We still have 3 embryos left and we will try in-vitro again someday. But we feel really strongly that this is what we should be doing right now. There is a child out there that needs to come to our family, and they need to come to us this way.
Random Snow Day
9 years ago

3 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you put this up. Now you just have to make your adoption blog so I can link it to my blog and facebook! Let me know when you ahve it up! We're excited for you guys!
We are all rooting for you!
We are so excited for you. We admire your perseverance and your faith. We are praying for you! You will be wonderful parents!
Post a Comment