Ethan and Megan absolutely loved Christmas time this year! We watched some home videos from last year so they were telling me, "Tree goes here" (front room) and "Ho, Ho (Santa) brings toys in stockings". When I told them that Christmas was coming.
We went to see the lighting of the Christmas lights at the Oakland Temple this year.We were just a tad late to see them do their presentation and flip the switch on. As we were trying to find a place to park, we went down one row in the parking lot the lights were off, then we came back up the next row and they were on! Just missed it. Oh well. It was nice to walk around the temple grounds all lit up and festive. We saw a lot of friends that came to see the lights too.
We went to see Santa at two places this year. First was at Bass Pro Shop or as Ethan calls the place "Go Fish Store". We also went to see Santa at my Dad's Union Hall. Ethan didn't have a problem at all with Santa. He would sit on his lap and talk to him about all he wanted, "Dusty Crophopper, Cars, and Thomas the Train." Megan on the other hand would only talk to him if I was holding her. Even then she wasn't quite sure. But she did end up telling him she wanted a baby doll.
An Elf decided to come visit us this year! We got to name him and Ethan chose Dusty, since he wanted Dusty Crophopper from Disney's Planes. Dusty had fun hanging out doing silly things everyday. He also loved bringing the kids candy every morning in their advent calendars and Megan and Ethan loved receiving them too!
The day we got the tree Ethan walked around the house that morning singing, "Getting tree today!" He is going to love Christmas time just as much as me I think!
Ethan loves trains and Megan and Ethan both love Christmas lights. So we went to Del Osso Farms to see their Christmas light displays while riding on their train. It was not too cold, so it was a pleasant trip around the farm looking at all the lights set up like scarecrows, Christmas stockings, gifts, and Santa of course. Afterwards we watched people ice skating on the outdoor rink. We threw "snow" at each other from the cleared off ice that the Zamboni placed on the ground near the parking lot. We had a ball!
We have a blow up nativity that we put up in the front yard that has Mary Joseph and Baby Jesus. Megan loved seeing it and wanted to go out every night and say "Hi, Baby Jesus!" She is my little cutie! (I can't believe I didn't get a picture of that! But at least I wrote it on here to remember it.)
I love this time of year where the Christmas spirit is in the air and we also remember the birth of our Savoir. I am so glad that I now get to share that love with my two little ones!


1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas Season! Like seeing all the pictures!
Post a Comment