I am so lucky to be the mommy of Megan and Ethan! They bring me so much joy everyday!
Megan is a really fast crawler now. She is also standing and furniture walking. She really has good balance while standing and can even stand unsupported for a few seconds. She just started pointing at things. I love her smile and laugh after she points to my nose and I say " Mommy's nose". So sweet! She loves to clap to "Pat-a-cake" and "If You're Happy and You Know it". And they both start clapping if we say "yeah" and start clapping ourselves. They are going to be so much fun to take to A's/Port's (A's single A team) games this year.
Ethan loves to eat! Well that hasn't changed since he's been born. But he eats about twice as much as his sister. He also got his first tooth this past month, Feb 21. He was so cranky for a few days and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. Then I saw a tooth! I haven't been able to get a picture of him and his tooth grin, cause he doesn't do a "toothy" type grin. Oh well, Maybe I will be able to get one sometime. He is also standing and furniture walking too. They are getting big too fast.
They both love "talking" and squealing, especially to each other. One day when I put them down for a nap, I noticed that they were both still awake. So I went upstairs to check on them and I opened the door a crack and saw them "talking" to each other. They were both standing by the rails in their cribs facing each other and one would "talk" and the other would laugh. I even saw Ethan tilt his head back as he was laughing at something Megan said/did. It was so cute. I wish I would have had a camera handy for that.
We went to the Zoo for the first time as a family of four this month, it was so cool to know that we could do that. I felt so proud of us. Being a mother of twins is not easy, things that I used to take for granted are so much more difficult now. So being able to do something like that gave me such a good feeling of accomplishment. I felt like we are finally able to do normal things again.
While at the zoo, we had them sitting in their strollers without the car seats so they were able to see the sights around them. And I think they loved it! They didn't cry or act like they wanted to get out of their seat. We had fun showing them all of the animals there. They really seemed like they liked it.
We also went to the Ripon Almond Blossom Festival. The first time I went I was 4 years old. So I loved that I could share the tradition with my kids now. Megan watched for a little while cuddling with Grammy til she fell asleep. Ethan loved looking at the cars and especially the little Shriner's cars. They both were asleep while the horses went by. I would have loved to see their expressions when they saw them. Oh well.
Every Tuesday we try to go to baby story time at our library. The lady there has a routine that she does every week. The only thing that really changes is the story that she reads. It was so cool to see Megan this last time clapping hands or stomping her feet to the songs during story time. She is starting to get into it. Ethan still looks at the lady like "What the heck are you doing?" Oh well. I am sure he will get into it eventually.
Here are are some pictures from this past month:
| My two men! |
| Waiting for the parade to start. |
| Megan loving being around Grammy and Papa! |
| Having fun at the zoo! |
| A tiger oh my! |
| Please let us out Mommy! |
| I got my pacifier back from you sis. |

2 comments:
They are so adorable! I can't wait to see them tomorrow! That is so cute that they were talking to each other in their cribs.
What little cuties. Can't wait to see them again!
Post a Comment