Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

9 Months!

I can't believe it! I am a mother of 9 month olds. That number sounds so big compared to 4 weeks, 3 months and even 6 months. In another three months by babies will be a year old. Wow. My brain still thinks it is somewhere between May and August 2011. They can't be 9 months yet. :-)
Well it has been 9 months and they have done so much this past month. They have learned to clap. They have mastered the combat crawl and crawling on their hands and knees. Megan was the first to master the traditional crawl. Ethan does the combat crawl a little more than his sister, I think partly cause he can get where he wants to go faster doing that. They are also starting to pull themselves to standing; on me, furniture or toys. Ethan is doing that more than Megan, should I be surprised?! :-) They also like kneeling near their toy boxes to get to their toys. They are also saying "ma ma ma" I am going to say that they know that that means mama. I love it!
Ethan has a fascination with our doorstops in our new home. They are the type that look like Slinky's. He loves to  grab at them and make them jiggle. It is so cool to see him learning cause and effect with it. "if I hold this and let go it will wiggle and make noises." The first one he found was the one for the garage door. When he found that there was one in his room too he bolted for the door and started to jiggle that one too. He is so smart!
Megan loves to be around her brother. I love seeing her just putting her arms around Ethan and hugging him or giving him kisses. She loves giving kisses. She will kiss my cheek at least once a day, my heart melts every time. :-) Megan loves getting a hold of the toy boxes and tipping them so all of the toys come out. It was so cute to see her face the first time she did that. She looked like she wasn't sure if she should be happy that the toys were now out to play with, or scared because of the noise she made. Megan is so good at fine motor skills. We started feeding them Puffs this month and Megan was able to pick up the treat with her thumb and pointer finger and put it in her mouth. I was amazed how quickly she picked up on that. Ethan still needs his whole hand to pick up the puffs, but he is getting better.
Here are some pictures from this past month:
"I love clapping Mommy!"

Found an escape route.

"I love these doorstops Mom!"

"I want a turn too Ethan"
Crawling to Mom in the laundry room.



"I'm helping Mommy with the laundry."
"I'm crawling to you Mom!"


 I love my Megan and Ethan!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhhh! They are just adorable!

P said...

so cute! can't believe their first birthday is coming up! your new house looks very nice.

Caren said...

Oh, I can't wait until we are healthy and can come visit you guys! They are so cute! They have grown so fast. When you are sleep deprived it doesn't seem like it but it really does go quickly. They must get so excited when they see Joel come home from work.

Joel said...

So fun, love the pictures!

Unknown said...

I love hearing about all the new things they are doing and discovering. Way to document these moments!

Melissa Savage said...

So adorable! I loved seeing them last week, but we need to see them more often! They're growing up too fast!!