I have always wanted a nice toy chest for when the nieces and nephews come over and also for my children some day. I also wanted to have one that was unfinished so that I could decorate it the way I wanted then stain/finish it later.
We had trouble finding a unfinished toy box since we had no idea where to even look for one. It took us a long time, but we finally we found a place in Modesto that had them. I was so happy!
I figured out how I was going to decorate it and set to work. I decided to put A through Z on the top of the chest and the word "TOYS" on the front. I painted the word "TOYS" and then used wall paper cutouts of the alphabet. Then last Saturday Joel and I finished it with a clear finish. I love the way it looks. I put it into the guest/future baby's room yesterday and it looks like it was always there!
I love doing projects like that. It feels like I have accomplished something not only for now but when we have our children.
(This picture is of another toy chest. I forgot to take a "before" picture with our toy chest. I just wanted to show how it looked before I started to decorate it.)

3 comments:
Looks good! :-) Seems like a fun place to put toys.
That is so cute! What a fun addition!!
Wow! Great job on the toy chest Katie and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming "official"!:)
Post a Comment