We went with my (Katie's) parents to Seattle last weekend. It was a lot of fun, but so cold. I think I have finally thawed out from the trip! :)
We arrived in Seattle Dec. 4th and after we checked into our hotel, we went on a tour of Safeco Field home of the Seattle Mariners. It was fun going through the visitors locker room, sitting in the Mariners dugout and seeing many of the sites that you wouldn't normally see if you just went to see a game there.
Before the tour, we went to Qwest Field where the Seattle Seahawks play. We didn't go on a tour but just walked around the outside of the stadium.
Then later that day we went to Pike's Place, the famous farmer's market. It was so neat seeing it decorated for Christmas. They have the first ever Starbucks there, now there is one on every corner, practically! :-) We also saw the Pike's Place Fish Market where they throw fish to each other. My dad was impressed how they never dropped a fish and sometimes catch the fish one handed. Joel got a great picture of a fish airborne on it's way to a co-worker.
The next day we went to the Space Needle. I was so excited about going back there. Joel and I went there Aug. 2008 and took a bunch of pictures but they got erased so I wanted to go back ever since. It was the perfect day (except the cold). The day before was rainy and cloudy and this day was clear and sunny. We were able to see Mt Rainer, and the other mountains that are near Seattle.
After we left the Space Needle we saw other sights that are at the Seattle Center, a little snow covered village with a train running through it. Also a fountain that shoots out water to music.
Then it was time for us to head over to the U. of Washington to see Cal versus the Huskies. It was so cold there. I probably wouldn't have minded it if the Bears won. But they got slaughtered!
The next day we went to a museum called The Museum of Flight. It was so cool. We got to walk through JFK's (and a few other Presidents) Air Force One and also a Concorde jet. Also they had exhibits about planes in WWI and WWII. It was so cool seeing the way the planes looked and changed from WWI to WWII. They also had other planes too. Any plane you have heard of they had them there. It was so informative and great, I wouldn't mind making another trip to Seattle just to see that museum again. We were there all day but didn't get to see it all!
The next day we flew home. We were thinking we would be going back to warmer weather. Wrong. That morning it snowed in our town! I guess we weren't coming back to warmer weather after all. We were sad we missed it, it never snows here! Oh well.
It was a great long weekend. I wouldn't mind doing something like that again someday!
Random Snow Day
9 years ago

1 comment:
What a fun trip! Too bad Cal did so terribly. At least you got to do a lot of other fun things!
Post a Comment