My family had the greatest pleasure of having the world's most wonderful dog live with us the last 15 years. We got him after my brother Joel got his Eagle Scout award. So we named him Eagle.
He was the greatest dog I have ever or will ever know. He was so smart, strong and had a great personality.
I loved that you could talk to him like he was a person because, I know he could understand you. His favorite words were "outside" and "walk". He would stand on his haunches, tilt his head left and right til you would say the word he was looking for at that particular time. When you said the one he wanted he would bolt either in the direction of the back door "outside" or the drawer we kept the leash in "walk". He was such a character!
You could teach him new tricks in a week. I loved how smart and teachable he was.
You could teach him new tricks in a week. I loved how smart and teachable he was.
He loved his walks. He would want to walk more than eat! My Dad ended up being the one that would give him walks most of the time so my Dad became Eagle's best friend and I know that Eagle is my dad's best friend. When 10pm would come Eagle would start looking at my dad to take him for a walk.
He would always give us the best greetings when we came home. Barking, jumping, and kissing you all over your face. He always saved the best greetings for my dad. He would listen for my dad's car and bolt to the front door from whatever room he was in the house and bark/howl and jump at the door. It was so fun to see such excitement he had for his Daddy.
He was part of our family like a brother or a son. He wasn't just a dog to us. He wasn't treated like 'some dog' and he didn't want to be treated as such either. He was a great family member and a great friend.
Eagle's health has been going downhill for a couple of years now. From not being able to see, to having hearing loss and bad legs. And then last week he was diagnosed with kidney failure. My parents have made the tough but right decision to put him down today. I will miss you my little puppy! But I know that you will be able to see, hear, jump and walk again where you are going! I love and will miss you Eagle!


No comments:
Post a Comment