Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Michael and Rachel's Wedding

This past weekend my brother in-law, Michael, and now sister in-law, Rachel, got married in the Sacramento temple.
We got there on Friday and had a marathon day of turning the church's cultural hall into a reception room. We started at 12:30PM and left the building about 3:30AM, yes, AM. Luckily the sealing ceremony at the temple was at 1PM.
On Saturday we were privileged to see and hear a beautiful sealing ceremony. The sealer was really good, he had great advice for the newlyweds and others that have been married for a while. I could have listened to his advice and feel the spirit that was in the room, all day. Afterwards, I stayed around and did what ever was needed while the wedding party, (Joel was the Best Man) took pictures with the photographer.
Then it was time for the reception. The place was set up to look like we were in a tent, accented with white Christmas lights. It was also back lit in a nice blue hue. During the reception we got to see the couple dance their first dance, throw the bouquet and garter, cut the cake, and look so incredibly happy as they left in their car for their honeymoon and their new life together.
I loved that I was able to go to the wedding. I love that Rachel is now offically part of our family. She and Michael are so perfect together.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I never would have guessed that was a cultural hall by looking at it. Congrats to Michael and Rachel!

Melissa Savage said...

The reception was really nice, you could tell there was a lot of work, time, and love put into it!