Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Stepping Stones

Yesterday my Mom came out to our house and we worked on putting a path from the sidewalk to the porch. We bought some stepping stones and got to work. We cut out the grass around the stone and then dug out the grass and put the stones in the holes. Sometimes (well each time) I stomped on the stones to get them snug into the holes. We put in nine stepping stones and it only took about 3 hours. When we started we thought it was going to take all day, but we got faster as we got better at cutting out the grass and placing the stones.
My Mom had the idea for the stepping stones for a while but I couldn't "see" how they would look in the lawn. After we were done and I looked at them I was so happy how they turned out. My Mom was so excited that they turned out the way she always thought they would.
Thanks Mom for thinking of the idea and coming out here and putting them in with me. It was hard work but fun!

3 comments:

Joel said...

Looks good! :-)

Melissa Savage said...

Wow, that turned out well! I looks great! I like the stones too, much better than those brick kinds I was picturing.

Merilee said...

Nice job on the stepping stones. They look great! BTW, you are looking good too! That's a great picture of you in the rocking chair.:)