This was Megan and Ethan's first Easter. I think they had fun.
We started by having my family that lives in California come and spend the night. We decorated eggs and then when the kiddos went to bed we played games and talked. It was great.
The next morning the the cousins saw their Easter baskets and went on an egg hunt. I loved being able to help Megan "hunt" for eggs. She would look at the egg and I would help her by picking it up. Then she wouldn't want to let go of it. Or she would pick up an egg and just sit there and shake it. I enjoyed every minute of it. (I just realized that I don't have any pictures of them in their Easter outfits that I put them in after we were done with the Easter Egg hunt. Rats.They did look cute in them.)
| What am I doing out here mom? |
| My cuties! |
| Holding the egg he colored the night before. |
| My niece Addie showing her mom or dad that she got an egg. :) |
| Like mother like daugher. My sister always got the big prize egg too. Way to go Lia! |
| My niece Jaycie pausing for a picture during the hunt. |
| My nephew Nolan with quite a haul! |
| Such a happy boy! |
| Can I eat these mommy? |
| This was the best picture even though my niece wasn't looking at the camera. I am sure my sister got a better one, I hope :) |
After we went to church we had Joel's Dad and brother and also my Uncle and his family come over to have Easter dinner with us. Everyone brought something to the dinner and everything was so good!
Then we played games hung out, and just talked. After a while my cousin Brandon and my niece Jaycie showed and told us about Resurrection Eggs. They had 12 plastic eggs and twelve scripture verses about Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection. Each egg had a prop inside that had something to do with the scripture they had just read. They would read the scripture and show us what was in each egg. They did a great job! It was nice to have us reflect again on what the real meaning of the day was/is about.
It was so nice to have family over and celebrate Easter with us. I am so grateful for my Savior and his sacrifice for me, and this time of year where we remember all He has done for us.

2 comments:
Looks like a fun time! :-)
Looks like you guys had a great time! Wish we could have been in two places at once. Can't wait to spend some family time with you guys.
Post a Comment